Skip to main content

GROWTH MINDSET


What is one step you can take to develop a growth mindset?

The human mind is dynamic, sometimes we change our decisions and plans abruptly due to the influence of our surroundings and how strong are we to protect our own thoughts. It’s not bad if it’s for us to grow but most of the time we embrace wrong decisions in our lives that can cause us heartbreaks. This is commonly happening for the youth nowadays, my generation. Because our hearts and minds are fragile, young, and easily persuaded. Once that we are broken, it can be a loss of soul. 

Just a few of the youth nowadays who can understand pains as a challenge for growth because the happenings in the world itself are too much for them to carry. In a world full of negative vibrations there is hope. All you need to do is to find it and have it within you. Having hope is the key to a growth mindset. But where to find it? Where to get it? And who can help? 

For some people learning is easy because they have a growth mindset. But for others, learning is hard because of different causes, it can be because they are hurt so much reason why they are afraid to step up. We cannot blame people of who they are, we cannot conclude about them because we don’t know what is happening to their private life. They are stocked of where they are, growth is inviable for them because of lack of motivation, loss of inspiration and hope. These people need help, and what we can do is to motivate them and be one of their inspiration in life, make them feel that in their battle they have allies. 

But how we can motivate them? As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we need to introduce the Gospel. The Gospel of Christ can soften a hardened heart not abruptly but little by little it can humble someone’s heart and soul. This is the number one step to develop a growth mindset, learning by doing the Gospel of Christ. 

I’ve been in the situation where I was broken and afraid to step up, I feel like I am in a cage, I cannot get out of the loneliness and pain. Some may say I am very dramatic, but it’s true and we all have dramas in life. We are not just comfortable in sharing because it’s still inside us. It’s like cancer that kills us softly. It feels like there is no hope in this world all you can see is pain and war, a war against other people and war against yourself. I am blessed because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that the missionaries have shared with me, it changed my life. The missionaries motivate me by sharing the Gospel, they became my friends, supporters, and inspiration. Through the Gospel of Christ, I found hope, I found the strength to go on in this struggled life. I found Joy which enlightens my wholeness as a child of God. The journey wasn’t easy, but I survived because I knew some people are with me to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ. Right now, as a young single adult, I am determined of the things I should do to be the best man that I can be.

Things happen for a reason, right now we can’t bring back what has been lost but we can start to build it again through the power of Christ the Lord thy God. Just let Him be and the Holy Spirit to guide. Hardened not thy mind and heart, seek thee growth by the light of Christ. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BULLYING

What would you feel if the world sees you in a distinct way? Some of you may take it positively but how if they see you whom a person does not deserve to accompany and to be treated respectfully, what would you do? Bullying and Discrimination are now a vast and uncontrollable crime in our world's new era. History to present these are happening, wherein, in our history women are being discriminated by men through treating them just women of their lives, for pleasures and power. And also people with special disabilities are not just being bullied or discriminated but they are being condemned to die. In this new era, the lawmaking bodies proclaimed a law stating the right of every individual to avoid discrimination and bullying against one another but then the implementation of these laws is not that strong. From now, people are freely discriminating and bullying someone through their gender (especially the LGBTQ+ community), physical disabilities, and status in life, religi...

Hardwork or Talent?

What counts more-- hard work or talent? In the spirit world, God made us different. He gave us different abilities, talents, and character for us to do our own role that can distinguish us from one another. These God-given features in our premortal life were being washed out when we entered the veil of forgetfulness. So, we came here in our mortal life naked and innocent. But God designs this code of life which scientists called DNA or deoxyribonucleic acid, this is a molecule carrying genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth, and reproduction of all known organisms. DNA is a God’s molecule that connects us from our premortal life, we cannot remember who we are before, but it is already in our DNA who we can become here on earth. None of us is left behind, all of us have given equal opportunity and capabilities for us to live here on earth. God designed us different from each other and the evidence is our DNA, this is for us to function well filling each ot...

Be a Friend, Not a Bully

There are stages in life to undergo, and the most challenging stage is knowing and accepting ourselves. I've been at that stage where I am surrounded with my personal insecurities, such as my skin color how I wish to be whiter, my height I want to be taller, and I hate my voice the way I speak, it struggles me a lot, people always bully me of the way I speak because I really have that bad sound, they even belittle me of the things that I do and they ignore me and most of them are my relatives, it hurts me a lot they don't know that I am struggling. My confidence was affected a lot, including family problems it really affected me in meeting other people, also my studies. There are times that  I felt like I had no one to share my problems, my feelings, I am so scared to talk, to open up. I am thankful that I had friends during my college who have been there for me, they inspired me, motivated me and shared their time. Because of them, I felt a sense of belongingness, a...